April 1, 2004 Enactment
April 1, 2008 Second Revision
Environmental Policy of Chiba University
Since the Industrial Revolution, we, humankind, have developed our activities with abundant energy resources. As a result, we are now faced with various environmental problems, such as global warming, pollution by chemical substances and loss of biodiversity of living things.
The environment, which is the ground of our subsistence, is just threatened by environmental loads produced by human activities. At the beginning of this new millennium we should mobilize our wisdom and think seriously what we should do to sustain our present civilization over a span of a thousand years from now on.
Chiba University has a duty to contribute to forming, accumulating and practicing this wisdom as a comprehensive institution of education and research in a broad field of natural and social sciences. To this end we will take the following actions:
- Accumulating the wisdom of natural and social sciences, we advance practice of environmental education and research, taking advantage of the characteristics as a university in cooperation with the attached schools.
- We promote energy and resource saving measures, cycling use of resources and buying goods considering the environment, and manage the safety use of chemical substances. We also protect vegetation in our campus and realize a campus with a small environmental load and abundant green leaves. Above all we understand and comply with legal and other requirements about the environment which Chiba University agrees with.
- The environmental management system is constructed and operated by the students as the main constituents. We also encourage voluntary activities by the students, aiming at a campus where a variety of environmental programs are put into practice.
- We practice the environmental management system open to the local community with reflection of their opinions.
Standing on this policy, we establish the targets, take actions to realize them, and think better of the environmental management system, auditing the actions. Then, we continually improve the system to prevent pollution.
This environmental policy is documented and communicated to the people concerned, including the teachers, officials and students of Chiba University and relative businesses who are usually stationed there, and released to the public in a document and on website.
April 1, 2008
President of Chiba University
Other pages in this category
- Nishi-chiba Campus
- Nishi-Chiba Campus Tour
- Inohana Campus
- Inohana Campus Tour
- Matsudo Campus
- Matsudo Campus Tour
- Kashiwa-no-ha Campus
- Kashiwa-no-ha Campus Tour
- Access to Nishi-Chiba Campus
- Access to Inohana Campus
- Access to Matsudo Campus
- Access to Kashiwa-no-ha Campus
- Around Chiba University
- Environmental Policy